Thursday, October 7

Harry Potter!



OK! You can think I'm (Ashley) weirs all you want, but, I am SUPER STOKED!!!
Harry Potter has been a part of my life almost as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I HATED reading. HP helped to love reading. I love fantasy books and part of the reason I love reading fantasies (for those of you who know me well enough) is because I hate how I grew up and by reading something totally separate from my life, was/is a beautiful escape nothing else could offer me. SO! I have read all the Harry Potter books countless amounts of times, especially 3 - 6 probably more than 5 times for all of those. I cried at the end of the 7th because I hated the series being over with nothing more to look forward to. I have been a HUGE CRITIC of the movies. Chris Columbus did AWESOME with the 1st Two movies. Alfonso Curon Slaughtered the third, and the 4th-6th have been ok. Even though I get excited for every new movies, I hate leaving disappointed, SO I'm hoping the last is not screwed up! And YES I probably will cry when this is all over; again.

But, I love Harry Potter!

3 comments:

  1. i'll admit it, i love harry potter as well, i have my hopes up about this one too, so i hope i don't leave disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even begin to tell you stoked for Harry Potter I am. I re listened to all of the books over the summer to prepare for it! Anyways, thanks for the post on my blog! We probably didn't get to know eachother because I was slightly anti-social in high school...
    But not anymore! Maybe we should do something sometime, like watch some Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm going to do a breif critic of the movies. I thought for the most part they were cast pretty well, McGonnagal is fabulous, all of the Weasley's (except Ginny), Dumbledore #1, Snape, Luna, Neville..all of these were cast very well.

    My biggest pet peeves: Why can't they just give Daniel Radcliff some green contacts? THis bugs. Dumbledore #2 yells.All of the time. This is not right. Emma Watson is a super cute girl, but she makes Hermione seem really bratty. Hermione is not bratty, she is awesome.

    The first movie is my favorite. I think it camptures everything a lot better than the others. The seventh looks really promising though..I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...