Monday, May 30

Blessed

We have had no plans for future at ALL. Between Dallin and I, we have lost job after job since even before we were married. We have been financially unstable for forever. Dallin keeps changing career paths and is still undetermined. I still am dying for an education; and through out all these struggles, we somehow manage to make enough money to NOT qualify for financial aid. (ok, I guess this is a small lie considering Dallin did qualify for about $900 out $15,000 from his school loans and books - mind you that only covered about a semesters worth of books that he CAN'T re-sell. Thanks for NOTHING government!)

But through all of this - we have FINALLY made our biggest break through! Ok, so, it was Dallin, not me, but, I'll take some credit ;) (JK) Yes Dallin DID graduate, but, this is bigger than that - HE PASSED HIS NATIONAL TEST! He is NOW a Certified Pharmacy Technician! I am SOOO proud of him! This stupid test cost $130 and he HAD to pass it by June 30th, and if he didn't, his schooling would have gone down the toilet - $14,000 for his stupid schooling (for 1 freaking year) would have been all for nothing! I suggest NOT going to Utah Career College/Broadview University - they SCREW YOU OVER.

This test is accepted all over the U.S. so, he could apply and get a job ANYWHERE and that is so comforting to me - I would not care where we went in the slightest. This is most DEFINITELY not a career, but, it will help more for us now and thats what we need most right now. Dallin does have a job at the foundry that pays really well, but, I want him outta there ASAP.



Yeah . . . I would prefer my husband to NOT work in a place where there is lava, fire, and very heavy metal things that dangle over his head that could fall and crush him. He works very hard, 55 hours a WEEK and wakes up at 4 AM and goes to bed at 8 PM; so, we hardly see each other. This weekend has been nice because he got a couple days off for studying, his test, then my work was nice enough to let me leave early so we could celebrate Saturday and today. I think this is the most time we spent together ALL MONTH.

I am SO relieved this has happened and it is out of the way. When he told me Saturday that he passed, we both almost cried for JOY (and if you know either of us, we are not sensitive or able to cry easily - AT ALL!) because this was SO stressful and he did not feel prepared for it when test day came. I am so grateful my mother-in-law mentioned a priesthood blessing and I am SO grateful Dallin has a willing and worthy father who was able to give him a blessing. We truly were blessed on Saturday. :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...