Tuesday, January 24

School & Changes

      First off, I am sooo happy that school started back up! The break was WAY-TOO-LONG. I was going crazy! I'm going to school full-time for the first time since high school and so far, I couldn't be happier! I'm out of "the box" (which is what I refer to our room as), I'm learning things I actually want to learn about, I'm surrounded by mature people (thank heavens!), and I actually am making some friends which is refreshing and nice since in my previous college experience, I couldn't get anyone other than my cousin and my teachers to talk to me. On top of doing 14 credits, I'm also taking an institute class and doing institute choir :) The choir is called Sounding Joy and I was in it 3 years ago. The main reason of my return is because the amazing Marshall McDonald is conducting this choir. I already know how amazing he is spiritually and have heard his god-given talent pierce my soul, but, I have never worked with him musically which is something I have always wanted to do! I'm also excited because we will be able to have some awesome opportunities this semester because of the connections that man has. 
      I haven't worked since August of last year and I enjoyed the much needed break, but, it's time for me to start looking for a job again. I just applied and went through the testing/interview process for appleone which is a temp agency. It's perfect for me because. . .
  1. I'm going to school full time so I need a flexible part time job.  
  2. They do the job searching for you and call you when they find something. (Like I have time to look for a job right now.) 
  3. They only work you Monday - Friday so I can have the weekend to do homework and spend time with my hubby!  &
  4. NO MORE CRAPPY FOOD RELATED JOBS! 
      So far, this year is going great! This year, I think, is going to be our year! We've had it really hard since we got married, so, we are hoping that we are going to finally be able to make those changes that we actually want to welcome into our lives.
      Dallin is soo done working at the foundry. I'm ready for him to be done with it, too! I won't miss him coming home all gross and dirty every day, being sore or injured from work, him waking up in the wee hours of the morning, his job being dumb by not allowing them to ask for a day off - period!, and his dumb job not having any benefits. 
      Dallin seems sure about his current career choice and I hope this one is actually followed through; we seriously can't waste any more of our precious time on being undecided, and having P.O.S. jobs.  He wants to be a QA, which if you find the right company, requires little to no school! That in itself is a GREAT blessing since we have already lost 15K down the hole for Dallin's stupid certificate for being a Pharmacy Technician that he doesn't even want to do/use anymore and that school royally ripped us off! Anyway, this would be a nice reliable job with benefits and all! PLUS Dallin would more than likely have to wear a suit to work, and boy does my man clean up good! ;) 


At least, I think so anyway. :D

      The one thing we are super happy and excited about this year - which will be the biggest change of all; is MOVING. We are looking at all sorts of possibilities right now, and a couple I am way excited about! When ever we reach our final decision, you will all know. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! This post made me so happy. I'm so glad that things are looking up for you! You definately deserve it and I hope this is your year too!! That's so exciting about you going to school full time and Dallin figuring out what he wants to do. Let me know when you guys decide where you're moving! We can totally help you with the movie. Also, working with Brother McDonald would be AMAZING. That's just about the coolest opportunity in the world.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...