Friday, July 6

Turning 21 . . . again.

I can start lying about my age now, right? Here I am in my favorite week of the entire year, and, for some reason, I'm trying not to allow myself to get excited. The 4th of July is one of my favorite Holidays and it happens to share the same week as my birthday. When it comes to my birthday, that has been the only aspect of my life where I have been extremely spoiled, I will admit it. Thats one perk of having divorced parents - multiple birthdays. I would have my birthday with my dad, my mom, my friends, the extended family party, and since my cousin and I have the same birthday, we sometimes would go out, too. My birthday would be anywhere from a week to a month full event! I've never had to be in school, or work - EVER. 
This year I'm turning 21 again . . . for the 3rd time - OK, OK! I will be 24; I said it! I've been thinking that I'm turning 24 for soo long, that now I actually think I am turning 25. Now, I know that neither age is "old", but, 24 seems like a big jump from 23. At 23, I feel like you still have time to get around or to do certain things. 24 seems like I'm running out of time. I know you're "never too old" to go back to school, but, 24 seems 'too old' to not even have: a 2 year degree, lived on my own, my 1st child or even deciding on when to start trying. If you haven't guessed by now, these are all the main things I'm really insecure about. I really do want to enjoy my birthday this year, so, thats why I'm putting this out there now, I want it said and, hopefully, out of the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...