Thursday, July 26

My Birthday

I awoke Saturday to a beautiful morning; I had planned to sleep in, but, my excitement made me awake and alert. Dallin was home - what a treat! Last year, he had to work, so, I was excited to have him for the day. Last year, we went to Airborne for my birthday, it was fun, but, I'm pretty sure I did permanent damage to my knees; I couldn't walk normal for about 2 weeks. We usually do themed and activity-filled birthdays for each other, this year was quiet(er) and I enjoyed it. After I woke up, I asked him how I should dress for the day, he said there were no major plans so I could do what I wanted - SWEET! *The reason why there were no set plans is because my big present was supposed to be a surprise vacation that he wanted to do over my birthday weekend. Since he couldn't make it happen in time, he said that it would be my belated present. I can't wait! We finally will be going on a real vacation!* I figured since it was my birthday and I didn't feel like getting ready that I'd pay people to do it for me; the first part of the day was a pamper day. :) My brothers girlfriend, Jordann, had dyed my hair a couple days before, so I was already rockin' a fun, new color. The only thing I did was my own make-up. I got my hair styled and my nails done, I felt pretty!


 Then hubby came and picked me up and asked, "Where do you want to go?" "Shopping." :) 


We finally went to City Creek. That place is 
ginormous! Gorgeous, too! I LOVED the creek running through out the entire mall, as well as the trees and the other plant life. Dallin liked seeing the fish in the pools. Of course, my first stop was Sephora, we all know by now that I love make-up, right? It was so hard to not buy the whole store! I ended up buying one eye shadow from Buxom (one of my favorite make-up brands).  Then we went to various other stores. I got to buy whatever I wanted and Dallin didn't say a word! I was good, though, and didn't buy much. I bought Dallin some sun glasses (which he looks sexy in ;) ), a pair of earrings (like I don't have enough! I love earrings!), Godiva chocolate, my birthday gift for Candice, and thats it. We had Vietnamese for lunch - of course I had pho, it's only my favorite food! and then we had Italian for dinner  - Biaggi's. I love noodles/pasta. Through out the day, Dallin kept pulling out presents that were hiding in random places in my car. So fun! I didn't know when I would get another, I loved it. After I opened my 1st present, my birthday theme was clear: Portal
I consider myself a 'gamer girl', but Portal & Portal 2 are the only games I've been overly obsessed with, and I've played the campaign (single player) game multiple times. My first present was a pair of earrings, which I put on straight away! 


 Then I got a pair of knee length socks that look like the boots that the female character wears in the game, then I got a necklace of Glados as a potato battery (which someone made by hand! It looks AWESOME!), and last but not least, I got my last present. Attached to it was a 'letter' that I had to read first. Oh the creativity of my husband! 


If you can't read it, it says:

Test Subject 9,749,357,482

Aperture Laboratories would like to formally thank you for volunteering to take this corrupted personality core off of our scientifically advanced hands. Please be expecting a second package to arrive. It is a cake to show our gratitude. 

If you have any inclination to return the corrupted core, your contract will be enacted and you will be expected to come to the Aperture facility to take part in more testing. 

Aperture Laboratories

So I open my 'last' present to find


Wheatley!
My last package was actually my cake 



Which looked like an X-BOX :).  The lady that made our wedding cake has been making our birthday cakes since we've been married. We always get the same cake: vanilla with buttercream frosting. Best cake ever! AND its like we get wedding cake twice a year, too. So yummy! and she has reasonable prices :) 

Here are all my Portal presents from through out the day. 

My mommy sent me pretty lilies for my birthday :)
By the time 9 PM rolled around, I was exhausted and ready for bed! A bit later, my dad, step-mom, and siblings came by to say "Happy Birthday" and to give me a present. I was happy to see them, it was a good day.

P.S. - Here's a video of Dallin singing Happy Birthday to me. 


3 comments:

  1. looks like a lot of fun! awesome cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely birthday!!!! Your presents are awesome! And a whole day to pamper yourself and shop?! So FUN!! And..YAY! I'm excited for you to go on a vacation! I know you've been wanted to, you guys will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...